Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I’m like a busker, kind of


via Pitch Design Union by Margot on 10/23/11


I guess by pardon the dust I meant pardon the silence too, jeepers. I've been in the weeds since last Wednesday, helping code two different websites, designing another, revising logos for two different clients, and prepping to go to Portland (!!!) on Wednesday.
But I want to talk about the graphic that went into the sidebar last week for Paypal donations. If you've been reading for awhile, you know this is a new thing and it's because I need a little help. It's so interesting, I've been thinking about the ads/no ads thing for a long time but I don't really have enough traffic to support them, so I've never felt a need to discuss money here at all. The truth is, I'm just your everyday small business and I've got some steep expenses heading my way in the next few months. Oral surgery on November the 10th and far sooner than expected I'm going to have to spring for a new Mac too. And while I am one of the rare self-employed who has health insurance, it doesn't cover my teeth (reasonably affordable dental coverage isn't available to me at all. Frankly, I've yet to meet an American freelancer who actually has dental insurance if they have health insurance at all). So I'm paying for the wisdom teeth and the resulting recovery time off out-of-pocket. It's going to set me back about 2k, not that much in the grand scheme of life I realize, but having some help definitely makes the process a heck of a lot less painful for sure. If you're not into donations, that's honestly cool too, thank you for stopping by just the same. All of you are amazing and your hairs smell of sunshine.
And uh… If you have any tips to share for a speedy recovery I am ALL ears, or eyes, rather. I will try anything and everything that is supposed to help, on top of the usual ice/rinsing/soft food. Here's one my dentist told me: eat lots of pineapple beforehand. Apparently its got enzyme that promotes oral healing. Thank you, SCIENCE! I'm going to be the valedictorian of wisdom teeth, just you wait and see!
{Image credit: Creative Life designed & printed by Amanda Cherie. So perfect for this post it's exactly same the kind of pluck it takes to put yourself out there. Thanks, Amanda!}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home